How can we help?
Call 24/7- Messages sent directly to Mr. O'Grady's telephone. Your message will be returned promptly.
DUI SUCCESS STORIES IN HAWAII
Mr. Donnerson had been pulled over and charged with DUI. He was very concerned about his military career. After Mr. O’Grady got his case dismissed, a very elated Mr. Donnerson wrote “ Dear Mr. O'Grady and Team, I would like to highly thank you for defending me on my DUI case. You and your team kept me well informed on what was going on throughout my whole situation. I can honestly say, you kept me very high spirited and positive minded in and out of the court room. As you promised, my case was in fact dismissed, and I would recommend you over any lawyer any day to anyone who may face any legal issues. STAY LEADING FROM THE FRONT, KEEP YOUR WORK ETHICS, AND MAY YOU HAVE A BLESSED ONE ! Very Respectfully, MR. JW DONERSON III”
Mr. Reim, a high ranking law enforcement official himself, was pulled over for allegedly weaving and charged with DUI. After Kevin O’Grady attacked the government’s case and got it thrown out, a grateful Mr. Reim wrote “Thank you so much for helping me out. Words cannot express my gratitude. These last few months before my DUI trial was set to begin have been very nerve-wracking, tense and a trying period for my family and I. To have my case dismissed this morning is like waking up from a living nightmare and setting foot in heaven! My job was suspended indefinitely because of these charges, but now I believe I can get my job back. I want to say to anybody out there who ever gets involved in an alleged dui case, I highly recommend that you contact attorney Kevin O'Grady and his team to help you out. This attorney helped me out in my dui case and got it dismissed! Thank you from my family and I."
Mr. Olney, a medical professional in Hawaii county, had been arrested and charged with OVUII. Mr. O’Grady attacked his case and defended him, getting the case thrown out. A very grateful Mr. Olney said "Words cannot even begin to describe the level of gratitude I have for Attorney O'Grady and his expert staff. From the first moment I spoke with Attorney O'Grady, I felt as though I found someone who truly cared about me and my ordeal. Both he and his team treated me with the utmost respect and helped me retain the dignity the legal system tried so desperately to rob me of. I was never made to feel a criminal, but as a friend. Everyone involved in my case remained fully committed throughout the entire process from start to finish. I will always hold Attorney O'Grady in the highest regard and would recommend him to anyone facing similar charges."
A local working man, Mr. Opulento was very concerned about the impact that an OVUII arrest and conviction could have on his job. After his case was dismissed Mr. Opulento said “Mr. Kevin O’Grady delivers extensive attention to win his cases! His outstanding record and resume shows how dedicated he is. I honestly think he is the best traffic/DUI attorney! Thank you Mr. O’Grady for all your hard work and outstanding service. Much mahalo!” Daniel Opulento
- Mr. Richard Diehl had been pulled over at a hastily constructed, and short-lived, DUI roadblock. Cooperative to a fault, Mr. Diehl was nonetheless prosecuted for DUI. Following the dismissal of his case, a very happy Mr. Diehl stated "Attorney O'Grady did an excellent job handling my case. He was very detailed in the definition of what our plan of attack was with my case, and followed that to a T. I was happy with the service he provided and more importantly the outcome of my case!"
- Miss Katherine Souza, who had unfortunately been involved in an accident and had suffered head injuries, was charged with DUI. Her case was dismissed after hard work. Miss Souza said “Mr. O’Grady and his paralegals are easy to contact. He is knowledgeable and gave me excellent peace of mind. I would never wish to need an attorney, but Mr. O’Grady and his staff made the process painless”.
- A medical professional was under severe stress. She went to see another medical professional to talk things over. While in route she was stopped by military police who, despite her pleas for assistance, callously had her perform tests barefoot and then charged her with DUI. Kevin O’Grady attacked the federal government and the federal prosecutor immediately sought resolution from the defense rather than fight. The case was resolved without the medical professional suffering a DUI conviction. In her words “Very efficient and professional while showing sympathy”. E.M. actual client.
- Thank you Mr. Kevin O’Grady for making it possible to move on with my life. I know there is still the possibility for more repercussions but you have been there every step of the way. I will always be grateful for your solid and extensive knowledge of our state laws. I will keep you mind should anyone need an attorney. You are well deserved and a good representative to any and all that seek your help. RMLG.
- Mr. O’Grady’s knowledge and handling of my case was both professional and passionate. Through his hard work my case was dismissed and my career taken out of harm’s way. I plan on recommending him if any of my friends and family require the services of an attorney. Ryan Edge.
- "Mr. O’Grady represented me in a DUI case in which he was able to do his job and have my DUI dismissed. Throughout the case he always took the greatest care in letting me know what was going on. My charges were refusal and DUI by impairment. I’m very grateful to have hired him." Jaris Gooman.
- I want to thank you for the recent success in getting my DUI charges dismissed. I’d also like to thank you for constantly keeping me updated on the status of the case and for never having doubt in getting the charges dropped. You where highly recommended by fellow Marines for fighting DUI charges, and now, I too highly recommend you to anyone, especially military for handling DUI cases, definitely worth every penny, thanks again! Skylar Domine
The case of The United States of America versus SGT Bradford. SGT Bradford had an accident and drove into a tree and a fence, damaging both significantly and ripping the front left wheel off of the axle breaking the axle. Military Police arrived and alleged that he was so drunk he couldn’t stand or walk and failed the standardized field sobriety tests. He was arrested and later got into a fistfight with three Military Police Officers. He was charged in United States District Court with DUI by reason of impairment, DUI having a BrAC over .08, inattention to driving (a crime in Hawaii), no valid driver’s license (another crime in Hawaii). Mr. O’Grady attacked the case and got the DUI BrAC over .08 charge kicked out during pretrial. He also argued at a motion hearing and got the inattentive driving and no driver’s license charges kicked out too. Finally, he went before a United States Magistrate Judge and had a two day bench trial and the result on the DUI impairment charge was NOT GUILTY.
A beaming SGT Bradford said immediately after being exonerated “I was involved in a DUI case with what I think was enough evidence to convict me. I called around to several lawyers and I didn’t think the lawyers I was speaking with were quite confident enough or could help me after I gave them the details of my case. I called Mr. O’Grady’s office and I spoke to him for about ten minutes and I knew I found the right person. Mr. O’Grady got all my charges dismissed and I don’t think I could have got it done with anyone else.” Mario Bradford, actual client.
- PFC Milton, who had been prescribed a significant number of medications with various adverse side effects due to his prior military service, was stopped because a bystander told military police she thought because he had attempted to buy alcohol earlier in the evening that he might be drunk. Military police stopped and arrested PFC Milton even though they had not conducted any field or chemical sobriety tests. He was charged in Federal court. Kevin O’Grady aggressively attacked the case and it was dismissed for lack of evidence. OUTCOME- DISMISSED.
PFC Milton was obviously very happy and told Mr. O’Grady “ You are an outstanding attorney and worth every penny. My situation was somewhat difficult and confusing, however Kevin O’Grady broke it down like a 12 gauge and I received my desired outcome… I would definitely encourage anyone to utilize this attorney, because I would hate to be going up against him! Job well done, and I can’t thank you enough!” Adam Milton, PFC, USA, actual client.
- When this servicemember was looking for a Hawaii DUI attorney he wanted to make sure that his attorney just didn’t plead him out. He hired Kevin O’Grady as his Honolulu DUI lawyer. This client was not a regular servicemember. He was privileged to serve in a select group of soldiers and as part of his mission he had a top secret clearance. One night, he was allegedly seen driving faster than the speed limit, weaving in and out of his lane, crossing over several lanes suddenly and without a turn signal. He took the field sobriety tests, and according to the officer, failed them. He also took a breath alcohol testing and the reading was .108. As an experienced Hawaii drunk driving attorney, Kevin O’Grady fought the state every step of the way. The state did not offer any plea offer, just to plead to the charges straight without any benefit. Kevin O’Grady fought and ultimately he got the charges dismissed. The client does not have a criminal record and can go about his life.
- Another servicemember was cruising around an urban part of Honolulu when he blew right through a red light, in front of an officer who had been waiting at the red light. The client denied drinking and blew a .111 on a breath test. He took the field sobriety tests and according to the officer failed the tests, in some cases by demonstrating every single clue multiple times. Being a young servicemember, he was concerned about his future. He hired Kevin O’Grady as his DUI/OVUII Hawaii attorney. The client was informed that there was no offer from the state and told Kevin O’Grady that as his Honolulu DUI/OVUII attorney he should fight the whole way. Kevin O’Grady, as an experienced Honolulu drunk driving attorney, started an investigation quickly and set up a short and long term attach plan against the state. Ultimately, the charges were dismissed. The client has since retained Mr. O’Grady for an expungement of his underlying arrest record since he was exonerated.
- A non-military Hawaii resident was driving his pickup truck on a state road. He was speeding, weaving out of his lane and occasionally crossing the outer road boundary. This was on a dark, winding and hilly road. He was pulled over and the officer saw open alcohol containers in the seat with him. Although the client was older, the officer made him do the field sobriety tests and the officer said that he had failed them. He admitted to having had a “few drinks”. He took a breath test and the reading was .133. He wanted to fight the case all the way, even including appeal. Kevin O’Grady was his Hawaii OVUII DUI lawyer and, although he was prepared to take on appeals as well, he didn’t have to. Kevin O’Grady examined the case, developed a sound strategy and ultimately got the charges dismissed.
- A young woman from Hawaii was having some fun with her friends. She had been drinking. She and her friends were making some noise. The police arrived. The police were suspicious of her because of the alleged signs and symptoms of alcohol consumption. She convinced them to let her drive a short distance home. However, when she got into her car she backed up and ran into the police cruiser. The police then conducted a full DUI investigation. She submitted to field sobriety tests and according to the officer, failed them. She also provided a breath test and the alleged reading was .108 Kevin O’Grady was her Honolulu drunk driving attorney. After a careful examination of the facts and the government’s documents, Kevin O’Grady saw a fatal vulnerability with the government’s case. Kevin O’Grady moved swiftly and with persistence. The result was that the charges were dismissed.
- A young man, who had a previous DUI conviction, when he did not have Kevin O’Grady as his Hawaii DUI defense attorney, had again been arrested and charged with DUI. He had been suffering from depression, alcohol abuse and a variety of other personal difficulties at the time. At the time of the arrest the client had difficulty standing, admitted to drinking, and according to the officer, failed the field sobriety tests. The client also provided a breath sample and the reading was .134 Kevin O’Grady, as his experienced Honolulu OVUII DUI DWI lawyer, conducted research and found a fatal flaw in the government’s case. Again, he moved quickly and forcefully and got the charges dismissed. This client was now able to move forward with his personal difficulties and focus on his family.
Other Practice Areas :
Success Stories :
This web site is designed for general information only. The materials presented at this site should not be considered as formal legal advice. Additionally, the submission of information through this web site alone does not form an attorney/client relationship. Any information provided will be treated as privileged, confidential communications. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Kevin O’Grady or the Law office of Kevin O’Grady LLC, with another party by email without express written confirmation by Kevin O’Grady. This communication does not constitute a contract or confirmation of a contract. THIS WEBPAGE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. The Law Office of Kevin O’Grady, LLC, and Kevin O’Grady personally, accept no liability for the content of this webpage, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing.